Thursday, November 20, 2014

Jam-Doughnut Muffins : Bake-Along #71

For our Bake-Along #71, Lena has selected these cute little Jam-Doughnut Muffins to bake together with Zoe, myself and anyone who wishes to bake along with us. These muffins makes a delightful treat for tea-time, especially if your are making snacks for kids!


Freshly baked muffins, ready to be dipped and rolled.

Really easy to make, just mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, fill small mini muffin pans with a little of the batter, drop a dollop of your favourite jam, top with more batter, and bake until the muffins are puffy and golden brown.  I've used blueberry jam, and this is a great way to use up all that leftover jam lying around in the fridge. My muffin pan has 24-mini-holes cups, and I got about 30 mini muffins.

Have ready a bowl of melted butter, and a shallow dish with some caster sugar. Dip the doughnut muffins in the melted butter and roll them in the sugar. Serve warm.


I have rolled some of the muffins with plain caster sugar, and the other half with a mixture of cinnamon and caster sugar. 


These cute little doughnut muffins are fun to eat!


Which one do you prefer? With plain sugar? Or with Cinnamon-Sugar?

As can be seen from the photo above, I did not dip the whole muffins in the butter, but only the top, then roll that top part in the sugar, as I do not want overly sweet muffins, and these are already sweet with the rolled-on sugar on the top.


We love the cinnamon-sugar, though the plain ones are really nice too! These doughnut muffins have soft and tender crumbs, lovely for tea-time treat. Especially nice when eaten while still warm.


Jam-Doughnut Muffins
1/2 cup milk
scant 7 tablespoons corn or other vegetable oil, plus more for greasing
1 large egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1-1/3 cups self-rising cake flour
1/3 cup superfine sugar
12 teaspoons strawberry jam
scant 1/2 cup unsalted butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 incredibly well-greased or nonstick 12-cup mini-muffin pan

Preheat the oven to 375F.
With a fork, beat together the milk, oil, egg and vanilla extract. Stir this into the flour and 1/3 cup sugar to combine (just); the lumps don't matter and if you overbeat, the muffins will be tough. Spoon the mixture into each muffin cup so that its just under a third full. Then with a teaspoon add a dollop of strawberry jam - about the size of a fat lima bean- then top with more muffin mix so that the cases are just about full.
Put them in a preheated oven and cook for about 20 minutes or until the tops feel springy and resistant and the muffins have puffed up into little toadstools.
Meanwhile, melt the butter slowly in a thick-bottomed pan, and lay the remaining sugar out in a wide, shallow bowl. As soon as the muffins are ready, remove them from their cups, dip them in the butter, and roll them in the sugar. Eat warm.

**************************

Do stop by Lena of Frozen Wings and Zoe of Bake For Happy Kids, and all our friends who has baked along with us in the linky below :

For our next Bake-Along, we will be baking based on a theme, Christmas Theme : Biscotti. Yup, Chrismas is just round the corner! Biscotti is great to munch during this festive season, and they make lovely gifts for this season of sharing! Bake any biscotti recipe and please do join us by linking your post to our linky which will start on 11th till 222nd December. Everyone is welcome to join us! Only current post please.


Photobucket

A friendly reminder when linking to our blog hop :
1. Please mention Bake-Along event in your own post linking direct to any of the hosts' post (JoyceLena or Zoe)
2. Please link only new and current post, PLEASE FOLLOW THE BAKE OR THEME provided by us. Unrelated post will be deleted.
3. Feel free to display our Bake-Along badge in your post.


I'm sharing this post with :

Cook-Your-Books

To join our blog hop, click on the link to get the codes :
get the InLinkz code

17 comments:

  1. Delicious and fulfilling cupcakes. Wonderfully prepared.
    Deepa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joyce,

    Your mini doughnuts look really cute! I regretted not using a muffin pan to bake mine because some of them are kosong :p

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  3. halo joyce! thx for reminding me of today's post. I have not logged in to my computer and therefore did not notice of today's bake along! phew! i almost kelam kabut already when i saw your msg ! Cinnamom sugar and plain sugar is just as nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Joyce, these mini jam doughnuts look cutie ... choice of cinnamon sugar or plain sugar ... can I have one each? ... hee hee!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the idea of you using some cinnamon sugar to coat the doughnut muffins. I made mine in easier way...just coat with icing sugar. (I malas nak melt the butter...and to avoid to consume too much sugar too).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Joyce,
    These mini jam doughnuts are just prefect for a afternoon snack.
    I think it is good for my youngest to bring to school for a party snack too.
    Will make some tonight for him to bring to school party.
    I will bake bake along with you and others too :)
    mui

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the way you say "incredibly well-greased" pan. LOL! Can't wait to bake these for my boy's playdate this Saturday! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Joyce! I am really going to try these jam doughnut muffins! I read that they are only good on the day they are baked. So it is a good excuse for me to eat more in one day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Joyce ! Like the idea of these doughnut muffins , bookmark and thanks for the well wishes Nee :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Joyce, cinnamon sugar tastes nice. I like one please, thank you:-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think I should give it a try, may be my kids will like them, looks so cute and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  12. lovely.. i remember baking along with one of ur cinnamon flavour muffin bakes.. it was so gd. hv to try these for sure

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hiya, should have added some cinnamon to my sugar too as I like cinnamon….never mind, still finish pretty quick as I made mine in bahulu moulds haha!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have lovely collection of baked goodies..happy to follow you, please visit my space too

    ReplyDelete