Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Blueberry Pancake : IHCC

"Up & At 'Em", our theme for this week at I Heart Cooking Clubs (IHCC), it's breakfast time, the most important meal of the day, the one that sets you up and about! It was a public holiday yesterday, the family woke up later than usual, it was a lazy morning, and these Blueberry Pancakes makes a lovely breakfast on such mornings. These are great eaten warm for those who are up and about to start the day, and are just as delicious when eaten later, at room temperature, for those who want to sleep in a little longer!


These pancakes uses the basic ingredients, flour, baking powder, milk, sugar, melted butter and frozen blueberries, but these simple ingredients makes really good pancakes!
The original recipe calls for some icing sugar to be sprinkled over the top before serving with a drizzling of maple syrup. My family had this with some honey drizzled over instead. They have always love pancakes with honey!


I prefer eating the pancakes as it is, it already is very good on its own, with a mug of hot coffee.


These pancakes are just so delicious. They are tender, not-too-sweet, and the sweet blueberries are just bursting with juice. Recipes calls for 3/4 cup of frozen blueberries, but I have used more than that, perhaps double that amount. Family approved! One that I would make again! Yums!


Blueberry Pancake
(source from donnahay.com)
2 cups (300gm) plain (all-purpose) flour, sifted
3 teaspoons baking powder, sifted
1/2 cup (110g) caster (superfine) sugar
2 eggs
2-1/4 cups (560ml) milk
75gm unsalted butter, melted
3/4 cup (115gm) frozen blueberries
fresh blueberries, to serve
maple syrup, to serve
icing (confectioner's) sugar, for dusting

Place the flour, baking powder and sugar in a bowl and make a well in the centre. Combine the eggs, milk and butter, gradually pour into the well and whisk until smooth. Stir in the frozen blueberries. Heat a lightly greased non-stick frying pan over low heat. Cook 1/4 cups of the pancake mixture for 2 minutes or until bubbles appear on the surface. Flip and cook for a further 1-2 minutes or until light golden. Repeat with the remaining mixture. Stack the pancakes, top with the fresh blueberries, pour over the maple syrup and dust with icing sugar to serve. Makes 16.


To see what everyone are having for breakfast, drop by IHCC. You might just be inspired to join us! For more details about joining in, click here.


31 comments:

  1. Oh those look positively sinfully delicious...and I'm like you, always tend to just keep adding blueberries way past the point of the recipe's suggestions...why not, right? Your photos are so bad...they make me want to eat the whole stack all in one sitting and not tell anyone I did it...that's bad!! lol Great choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of adding the blueberries to the mixture - I have only ever added them after. What a lovely way to start the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Joyce , what a great way to start the day , I would make them for a different lunch , panckes are delicious and blueberries tops them off , thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! I love the plump blueberries in the pancake...and yes, perfect and bright way to start the day.
    Joyce, thank you so much for the thoughtful words, I really appreciate...
    Have a wonderful week my dear :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to have breakfast at your house! Those look so good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Joyce,

    I'm staring at the massive amount of blueberries that you added into your pancakes! Double??? They must be doubly GOOD!

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Joyce! I always have a stash of frozen blueberries when I see them on sale. This is the perfect time to use them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i want to come to your house for breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Joyce, both my son & I like pancakes, some more got blueberry woh, I want to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i never succeed with pancakes .. yours look awweeeessssuuummm.... ..... i will bring the maple syrup :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Joyce, I want some pancakes! But I had lunch already hee..hee...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love blueberry pancakes too! I would love to have these for brunch on weekends.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh, Joyce!! I'm a sucker for blueberry pancakes!! I'm always so lazy to make them although I love them. Now you are getting me moving cos your pancakes look so so good!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those look delicious Joyce, bursting with all of that blueberry goodness! Love that last photo with all of the berries....I'm going to be craving these now!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Se ven muy buenos me encantan los arándanos se ven muy golosos,abrazos.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thumbs up on adding extra...way, way extra blueberries. I love blueberries. We always use syrup on pancakes, but I'm intrigued by serving them with honey. Will have to try that next time.
    Thanks you for stopping in and linking, Joyce!

    ReplyDelete
  17. My favorite! I love love LOVE blueberry pancakes!

    ReplyDelete
  18. these pancakes look perfect as I hate when they are made so thick that the middles remain dry even with syrup - these are the perfect thickness!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a good start of a day with this fruity pancakes!

    ReplyDelete
  20. yummy blueberry pancakes! I used to make pancakes using premix, got to try this, absolutely a good choice for breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am so frustrated. Hubby is at war with pancakes and French Toast and I love both. Yours are tempting me to
    make some just for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful! Pancakes are such a breakfast treat, perfect for a lazy Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Look so good. Am making them the next time my son is in town. I am the only egg-eater at home at present :-(

    ReplyDelete
  24. Joyce , I've seen that book at the library , sadly I didn't borrow it :P Those pancakes look tempting , yeah , I haven't made pancake in years *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  25. Double the blueberries--Mmm... I want to come to breakfast at your house! ;-) Such gorgeous, golden pancakes!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love that you doubled the blueberries and served your pancakes with honey in place of syrup! I will have to try honey in place of syrup next time I have pancakes. that is one gorgeous stack of pancakes !

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful looking pancakes, Joyce. Funny thing, whenever I go out for breakfast, I nearly always choose pancakes (especially if they're blueberry ones), and yet I rarely think to make them at home. Think I need to give this recipe a try, and I'll definitely be taking your lead and doubling the blueberries :-)

    ReplyDelete