Friday, March 19, 2010

Rosemary Herb Bread

I love this bread. I have made this recipe many times. It's super easy and it's all done by my indispensable bread machine! Yup, this is done in a bread machine. The smell of freshly made bread is really something. I came across this recipe when I was browsing on the website "allrecipes.com". Since I have the herbs used in this recipe, rosemary and thyme growing at my backyard, I thought that I would give this recipe a try, and also after reading some good reviews about this bread. Even though I have tried many other recipes, I would still come back to this. Thank you "Leigh Serth" for submitting this recipe. If you do not own a bread machine, maybe you can try the manual method of making bread. Let me know how it turns out! I made this bread last night, and this morning, make a grill sandwich for my children and their cousins who were sleeping over. They enjoyed it very much. Try it, it's really, really easy! The texture is soft. When eaten warm immediately after baking, you can really enjoy the crispy crust, the soft fluffy texture and the wonderful fragrant of the herbs. It is great eaten with kaya or your favourite jam. My kids love to dip this bread in a bowl of mushroom soup. It really goes well together, a fragrant savoury bread with a bowl of hot mushroom soup. If there are any leftover , I usually just freeze it individually packed in plastic wrap and just steam it for about 2 to 3 minutes and it will be soft again! Try this recipe !


my indispensable bread machine


peeping at the almost done bread.... waiting.....


it's ready,... wonderfully risen and smells delicious....


couldn't wait to take a bite at the crispy crust......


look at the crispy crust .... mmmm


it cuts easily .......


can you see the bits of herbs .....

Ingredients
2/3 cup milk
2 eggs
3 cups bread flour
1-1/2 tsp salt
2-1/2 tbsp white sugar (I use only 1-1/2 tbsp)
1 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
1 tsp chopped fresh thyme
1 tsp dried majoram **
1-1/2 tbsp margarine
2 tsp active dry yeast

Method:
Place ingredients in the bread machine in the order suggested by the manufacturer. Select "Basic" or "White Bread" setting. Start.

(** I omitted the majoram since I do not have any)

3 comments:

  1. Mmm, I can smell it from here!

    Since you're using homegrown rosemary, come share your post in our Grow Your Own roundup this month. Full details at


    http://chezannies.blogspot.com/2010/03/announcing-grow-your-own-40.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angie,
    The bread machine does all the work!

    Nate/Annie
    Thanks for dropping in! You have a fabulous site. What a great idea! Posting recipes using homegrown ingredients. I will definitely post a recipe soon. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete